The Mad Muffin Journal of Doom

Friday, October 28, 2005

books, books, books

Okay, so a few things to write about.

Firstly, a couple of weeks ago I was surfing the net and finally found a copy of Jonathan Carroll's The Panic Hand for a reasonable price of around $50 US. Now, I should state that this book normally goes for twice that amount (or more, depending on the condition), and I don't even want to get into how rare it is to find a Canadian seller for this title. So, knowing that the exchange rate is pretty good right now, I decide to fork over the money in and order the book from the used book store in Florida. And today, lo and behold, I finally recieved it!

This is exciting news for me. Very exciting. This was the only book by Carroll that I didn't have. Now I have a complete collection. Very satisfying.

Still don't have any photos from the Gaiman event. Also did a Lemony Snickett event, but we didn't take pictures there.

Christmas is around the corner, and that means retail hell for the next 8-10 weeks for me. Yay o yay. At least I get to create some wicked wonderful tables. It'll be good to see how they turn out. One is a graphic novel/graphic design table that I think will do really well for Christmas, we'll see.

Books bought recently:
-new McSweeney's book for kids
-The Magic Pudding by Norman Lindsay (classic kids lit)

Arrested Development is one FUNNY tv show. Love the DVD.

More thoughts later. Like tomorrow maybe.

_N

3 Comments:

  • Arrested Development kicks ass - I just bought the season two dvd - one word: Motherboy

    i want to see neil gaiman pictures!! hook it up, yo!

    peace out,
    mel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 PM  

  • Spammed! That sucks.

    By Blogger Divinity, at 10:04 AM  

  • Very nice site! » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home